TODAY'S MNA PRESS NEWS
Back to article list
BILL AND HILLARY CLINTON'S LATEST SCANDAL? WATCH HOW THE LIBERAL MEDIA COVER IT
by MONTANA NEWS ASSOCIATION
by Jim Kouri, CPP
Dec 24, 05
Journalist Sher Zieve recently reported on a brand new scandal involving the Clintons and slowly the story is gaining traction on the internet and talk radio thanks to Fox News Channel's Tony Snow and columnist Robert Novak.
While talk show host Scott Hennen substituted for the vacationing Sean Hannity, Novak and Snow advised the audience that the Barrett Report, which has been suppressed for years, could expose the Clinton presidency as having perpetrated some of the worst presidential abuses of power in history.
They also suggested that Senator Hillary Clinton’s run for president in 2008 could be determined by whether or not congressional Democrats are able to continue to keep the report concealed, which isn't all that difficult considering how congressional Republicans usually rollover for them or worse, turn on one another.
The 1994 Barrett Report originally centered on former Clinton Housing Secretary Henry Cisneros, but broadened into investigating claims that President Bill Clinton had used the clout of the IRS to persecute his political enemies. Novak and Snow said that of the original 400 page Barrett Report, over 100 pages have been redacted.
NewsMax reports that Novak said, "An IRS whistleblower told Barrett of an unprecedented coverup. The informant said a regional IRS official had formulated a new rule enabling him to transfer an investigation of Cisneros to Washington to be buried by the [Janet Reno] Justice Department. Barrett's investigators found Lee Radek, head of Justice's public integrity office, determined to protect President Bill Clinton."
Some of those targeted by the IRS for audits were women who had accused President Clinton of unwanted sexual advances and even rape. These include Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Juanita Broddrick and Elizabeth Ward Gracen.
Also reported is that the primary reason for Hillary’s vulnerability is that her college friend, Margaret Milner Richardson, headed the IRS at the time the alleged abuses occurred.
With the media still harping on the latested cooked-up scandal involving the Bush Administration -- the so-called illegal NSA spying operation -- and with the next big story to hit the media being the Judge Alito hearings, which will once again unite the Democrats and their pals in the news media in order to "Bork" Alito, don't expect too much coverage of the latest Clinton crime story.
And if they do cover the story, here's how they'll do it:
1) The media will interview Democrats galore so they can denounce the report as a distraction to take the heat off President Bush and the Republicans.
2) The Sunday morning talkfest crowd such as Tim Russert, George Stephanopolous and their usual media cronies will make light of the situation saying it's old news.
3) You might see one or two stories on page 10 or 23 in the New York Times and Washington Post quoting anyone they can find to denigrate the report and make negative comments about Tony Snow, Robert Novak, Fox News Channel and the internet journalists who are actually investigating the Clintons involvement in harassment of Americans by the Internal Revenue Service.
4) Conservatives such as Fred Barnes, Bill Kristol, Cal Thomas and other old-timers will attempt to take the moral high ground and pooh-pooh the story.
5) The Clinton lackies will flood the media with soundbites and quotes to drown out the truth about these allegations. Even Fox News Channel will have Wesley Clarke, Susan Estrich, Bob Beckel, Lanny Davis, David Corn, Ellis Henican, Eleanor Clift, Ellen Ratner and other liberal-left blowhards who are on Fox's payroll as either political analysts or Fox News contributers all denigrating the "vast right-wing conspiracy" who refuse to give up on going after the Clintons.
6) Even Fox has a habit of bringing on liberal-left people such as former journalist Marvin Kalb or General Wesley Clark who spout their talking points without rebuttal. But when they have a conservative guest they always feel they need to balance it out with a liberal guest to interrupt and distort what the conservative guest is attempting to say. This is what the mainstream media always do. Actually, the mainstream media pick Republicans like David Gergen knowing full well he's no conservative. Or they'll bring in Senator John McCain a liberal Republican bore.
In other words there is no such thing as "fair and balanced" in the mainstream media. There is however: "how can we get over on these people -- or as newsman Sam Donaldson calls us, Yahoos -- and not get caught doing it" in the mainstream news media.
George Bush attempts to save American lives by spying on terrorists and their cohorts who just might be American citizens and he's portrayed as evil and a criminal. Bill and Hillary Clinton send out the attack dogs of the one government agency that totally disregards constitutional protections in order to silence critics and whistleblowers, and the media establishment and many Americans love them. Sometimes one wonders if this country is even worth protecting.